Coming back to the Bay Area has been a little strange – most recently with sort of non-friendly church people this morning… but I think it’s probably more helpful to dwell on the quick notes of grace I’ve seen in the last month…
– good time with my godson, Macrae and family before Christmas. I also got a nice letter from him this week!
– a white Christmas in Virginia – sitting on the front porch on Christmas night and watching the snow fall quietly down.
– watching True Grit at the Alamo Drafthouse with good friends. Laughing, crying, and being just a little bit scared!
– crashing my friends’ dinner co-op potluck. Great food, and the realization that I’m funnier in Texas! Alright, not really, but just the remembrance of what it’s like to be in one’s element – I felt more at ease there and cracked more jokes because it felt familiar.
– catching up with lots of InterVarsity friends at the Staff Conference – including a run-in with a ‘white-noise giraffe’
– unexpectedly being able to get soondubu (Korean tofu stew) on the way home from the SFO airport
-having a meeting in the new office!
-chicken feet in the free soup from my new favorite chinese takeout place. I did not know that takeout could be so legit.
– package from Christmas with warm slippers and clothes
– a beautiful sunny morning and bike ride around the Los Gatos reservoir yesterday.
that’s all for now.
now listening: Avett Brothers – Kick Drum Heart