2 posts in half a day? What’s going on? Well, I had some more thoughts. 🙂
On my lovely bike ride home tonight I decided that I will believe that transition is a really good thing. Sounds simple, but that’s a big deal for me – I’ve been well-trained to fear change, especially when right now most of what I can see in front of me are the things and people I’m leaving here in Austin.
BUT there are some very good things to be excited about – and I started making a list of things I’m looking forward to so that I can also be thinking about the things that are just around the corner! Ahem, so in no particular order…
- learning new bike routes, lovely bike rides home, and being able to ride all-year round
- getting to know my new area and regional staff teams – learning to love, lead, and serve staff in a new context
- being a part of growing IV ministry in the Bay Area
- really really yummy Asian food all-around (There are no fire ants in california, and the streets are paved with asian food?)
- being in coffee-date distance of dear friends I’ve never lived near!
- finishing up this master’s degree – I’m looking forward to taking Greek, Hebrew, homiletics, etc.
- hanging out with redwood trees and going to see otters
- reading a book on the balcony at my new apartment
- being super close to fabulous west coast destinations like Vancouver, Oahu, Seattle, Portland, Yosemite, LA, etc.
- proximity to the ocean and mountains
- Trader Joe’s
Feel free to add more things I should look forward to in the comments. 🙂
Oh, and another way to look forward – I will be choosing happy music for the remainder of packing time. Exceptions can be made if the situation warrants, but default will be happy music.
*Califorward motto created by Kate the Great. All Rights Reserved.
now playing: Need A Love – Dakoda Motor Company – yes, more music I uncovered today. 🙂